Who we are
Our website address is: www.avazapp.com
This privacy statement describes how Avaz Inc. collects and uses the personal information you provide. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection & Use
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name and email address.
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as what content you viewed and which areas of our app you visited. As is true of most apps, we automatically gather information about your devices, such as your operating system, device type, city, region, and country. We use this information to:
- Send you push-notifications when you are using our app. If you do not want these notifications, you can manage your preference either through your device or app settings depending on your device type. You can also contact us at email@example.com
- Send you a newsletter
- Improve our app and marketing efforts.
You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter or marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or marketing email or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We enable you to share information such as messages and photos with others on social networks. We cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Also, we cannot guarantee that the content you post on our site will not be viewed by others outside your network.
Sharing Your Information
- We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
- We may disclose your personal information
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If Avaz Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We do not sell your information for any commercial purposes.
Tracking & Advertisements
We may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, or scripts to gather information about how you and others interact with our app. For example, we will know how many users access specific areas or features within our app. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used, improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you. Any personally identifiable information (PII) in the form of persistent unique identifiers is not collected to be used for non-educational commercial purposes.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com
In case of a data breach, we will
- Shut down the compromised system that led to the data breach;
- Prevent further unauthorized access to the system;
- Reset passwords of accounts and passwords that have been compromised;
- Establish whether steps can be taken to recover lost data and limit any damage caused by the breach (e.g. remotely disabling a lost laptop containing personal data of clients and/or individuals);
- Isolate the causes of the data breach in the system, and where applicable, change the access rights to the compromised system and remove external connections to the system;
- Preserve evidence for investigation (e.g. hacking, theft, or unauthorized system access by an employee) if criminal activity is suspected;
- Put a stop to practices that led to the data breach;
- Address lapses in processes that led to the data breach.
Correcting & Updating Your Personal Information: To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Retention & Deletion: We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. If you wish to delete your information stored with us, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may retain and use any necessary information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes: We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing to us at the address or email below:
Stanford Financial Square
3260, #403 El Camino Real
Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto
CA – 94304
Effective on June 20, 2013
Updated on March 3, 2021